I'm from Mexico City and lived in the U.S. for a total of more than 24 years. Now I'm back in Mexico. I realized I was seeing my country through the eyes of a native stranger. This is an attempt to process the differences, to explain Mexico to the U.S. and the U.S. to Mexico. With digressions along the way.

miércoles, octubre 19, 2005

Junk Blog

I've just started a new blog to put all my "consumption" opinions, because I realized I kept putting them here and they were out of place. I wanted to call the blog "Consumption Junktion," but of course it's so obvious it's already taken. So I called it "Funktion Junktion" instead--if you can think of a better name let me know! Anyway, there you will find stuff like my posts on the Mooncup and alternatives to plastic water bottles. I have plans for a post on sun protection and endocrine disruptors. Woo hoo!

1 Comments:

Blogger Olivander said...

In Mammoth Cave, there are the remains of stone huts where people with tuberculosis (ie: consumption) lived (briefly). It was thought that the cool, dry atmosphere would be good for them. It probably was, but the soot from the kerosene lanterns was not, and the experiment quickly foundered.

Perhaps you could call you blog "The Consumption Hut". (Akbar and Jeff, proprietors. :-)

2:00 p.m.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home