I'm from Mexico City and lived in the U.S. for a total of more than 24 years. Now I'm back in Mexico. I realized I was seeing my country through the eyes of a native stranger. This is an attempt to process the differences, to explain Mexico to the U.S. and the U.S. to Mexico. With digressions along the way.

martes, enero 04, 2005

Random Plug (ugh...sorry about the pun)

OK, so this is completely off-topic, but I thought I'd endorse one of my favorite products, an alternative for women to pads and tampons. Well, actually, there are three products. They are all "menstrual cups" (gotta love the term)--reusable silicone or latex cups that don't pollute the environment and that are healthier to use. You can access them here: The Keeper™, here The DivaCup™, and here: The Mooncup. I've used both the Keeper and the Diva Cup, and though the Keeper is the original one (though different types of menstrual cups have been around since the 1930s), I have to say I prefer the Diva Cup because, being made of silicone, it's easier to keep clean and it can be boiled to disinfect it. I can't personally vouch for it, but the Mooncup looks just about the same as the Diva Cup. They all cost about the same amount of money.
I've been using one or the other for over four years and love that I never have to buy tampons again! The Diva Cup costs $35.75 including shipping and handling and lasts for years, so it's a less expensive option too. So why not help out the environment by lessening the thousands of pounds of waste created by pads and tampons? Feel free to ask me questions.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

Hey -- You were the first person to talk to me about the Keeper, and I've been using it for about 6 months, and love it too. I love it for all the reasons listed - that I don't have to worry about having supplies around, the bad things that tampons do to our bodies, etc. but also, it feels a lot more comfortable to me. Despite the cost, I encourage anyone to try it, it's worth just giving it a go!

--Niku

11:21 a.m.

 
Blogger Nayeli said...

Awesome! Another convert! If anyone's worried about the price, I forgot to mention that you can try out the Diva Cup for a whole year, and if you're not satisfied, you can return it for a full refund. You have nothing to lose!

11:29 a.m.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home