I'm from Mexico City and lived in the U.S. for a total of more than 24 years. Now I'm back in Mexico. I realized I was seeing my country through the eyes of a native stranger. This is an attempt to process the differences, to explain Mexico to the U.S. and the U.S. to Mexico. With digressions along the way.

viernes, abril 01, 2005

ASL Official Language

A town with American Sign Language as its official language will be built in South Dakota! Here's the article: Town for deaf to be designed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Olivander said...

This planned community is actually quite close to my hometown! I'm not surprised, really, as there is a large school for the deaf in nearby Sioux Falls. For whatever reason, there are a lot of deaf folks in SD. I think it's a great idea, especially in a state that does its best to ignore those who are different from the mainstream.

Here's the town's official web site:
http://www.laurentsd.com/

2:11 p.m.

 
Blogger Aleksu said...

I think it is awesome!

Slowly but surely humankind is going the right way.

5:11 p.m.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home