I'm from Mexico City and lived in the U.S. for a total of more than 24 years. Now I'm back in Mexico. I realized I was seeing my country through the eyes of a native stranger. This is an attempt to process the differences, to explain Mexico to the U.S. and the U.S. to Mexico. With digressions along the way.

jueves, febrero 10, 2005

If You Can't Make It, Fake It

I would have titled the post "Fake It Til You Make It" but in this case they ain't never gonna make it.
Remember those fake Medicare "news segments" that were aired on TV by the Bush administration? They're at it again: salon.com reported that the administration hired a fake reporter to ask scripted questions at Bush's January 26 news conference. Another salon.com article informs us that federal government money (yes, your tax dollars) is used to hire commentators to promote administration initiatives. (You can get a day pass for salon.com by watching some stupid ad--or letting it play while you do something else--and you can register for the NY Times for free.)