I'm from Mexico City and lived in the U.S. for a total of more than 24 years. Now I'm back in Mexico. I realized I was seeing my country through the eyes of a native stranger. This is an attempt to process the differences, to explain Mexico to the U.S. and the U.S. to Mexico. With digressions along the way.

sábado, enero 22, 2005

It's Completely Irrelevant

...and I'm sure will bore everyone, but I have this thing about filling out surveys, so I have to jump on the one that's been going around Blogger.

3 names you go by:
1. Nayeli
2. Nai
3. Na

3 screen names you have:
1. ilinx
2. mobius
3. nayeligk

3 things you hate/dislike about yourself:
1. my lack of dedication
2. my body hair
3. the worn and broken parts

3 parts of my heritage:
1. my mom's parents are refugees from the Spanish Civil War
2. I'm about 25% Basque
3. I'm 1/32 Philippino

3 things that scare you:
1. being rejected for screwing up
2. the power of the US
3. dying feeling like I didn't live life to the fullest

3 of your everyday essentials:
1. laughter
2. fruits and veggies
3. sunlight

3 things you're wearing right now:
1. a silver ball chain necklace
2. a squint
3. my favorite old blue hoody with the broken zipper

3 of your favorite bands/artists today: (I'm taking this to mean who are still active creatively today)
1. Leonard Cohen
2. Tom Waits
3. My Morning Jacket

3 of your favorite songs at present:
1. Peregrinitos by Estrella Morente
2. Jed's Other Poem by Grandaddy
3. Last Fool Around by Migala

3 things you want to try in the next 12 months:
1. finishing my degree
2. moving out of the US permanently
3. completing some of my film projects

3 things you want in a relationship:
1. honesty
2. understanding
3. creative rapport

2 truths and a lie (in no particular order...to keep you guessing)
1. I've had lice
2. seeing guys kiss turns me on
3. I watch at least 2 hours of TV a day

3 physical things about a love interest that appeals:
1. beautiful eyes
2. long, elegant fingers with perfect nails
3. a smell I find attractive

3 things you just can't do:
1. the splits
2. follow a recipe without messing with it in some way
3. lie to someone I'm in a relationship with

3 of your favorite hobbies:
1. papier maché
2. embroidery
3. puzzles

3 things you want to do badly right now:
1. get my feet warm
2. get a backrub (does that count?)
3. eat warm, chewie brownies

3 careers you're considering:
1. filmmaker
2. film editor
3. carpenter

3 places you want to go on vacation:
1. Japan
2. Brazil
3. Amsterdam

3 kids names (either boy or girl)
1. Aiden
2. Janic
3. Aria

3 things you want to do before you die:
1. skydive
2. make a feature length film
3. build my own house